Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sick

And I don't mean the kind of sick my older two kids are.  I mean the I just had to tell my long lost brother we're not coming to Texas kind of sick.  

We can't afford it, two of my older kids are sick, and the dog ate my glasses.  Yes, you read that correctly, the dog ate my glasses.  I mean, what kind of stupid dog eats glasses?  Seriously people.  I'm not going into everything, but here's some pictures to illistrate the stupidity of our family dog. 

Just so you know, that is NOT water on the lens. Those are teeth marks.
this is the earpeice on the right. That is metal sticking out
Lens popped out and frame bent from being chewed on


So, here I am, feeling horrid.  I know my kids were looking forward to going too.  We had the whole weekend planned.  The Alamo, Zilker Park, concert in the park on fathers day, visit with family I have not seen in a VERY VERY long time; and cousins were going to meet each other for the first time.  Everything good.


Now I'll just sit here at my desk moping around, getting angry at myself.  Wishing that I had a better job to pay for everything I need, wishing that I had money to be able to go to a place that I can get glasses in an hour, and be able to go to Texas.  But I don't.  I make enough to live on.  We saved for this vacation, but because of our situation, any little bump that happens (and did happen) has derailed this vacation.

It sucks being poor.  I don't recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment