Tuesday, June 14, 2011

couponing

I see the benefits. 
I see the "flash".

Really....I do....

But it's just not for me.  I mean...I've been trying to "Coupon" for the last...oh....hour, and all it's gotten me is a headache. 

Now, I know, I know-coupons save you money, blah blah blah.  Yes, they do.  And yes I use them.  But I'm not a "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I gotta buy that cause I have a coupon and it's on sale, and OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG they go together."  Just so it can sit in my cupboard for a year and my husband asks me what I was thinking, because we don't have a ferret and why would I buy ferret food.  Or even, why did you buy that economy size jar of peanut butter when you know Zsus is allergic to it?   See, these are the thoughts that go through my head anyway. 
I admit, I don't know how to "do it".  Maybe I do know how to do it, but I'm just too lazy to spend all stinkin' day going through ad's, and coupons, and convincing my husband that it's ok to drive all over Seffner just to get that $8 discount at CVS.  I'M NOT GOING TO CVS TODAY JUST FOR A RAZOR.  I swear. 
The allure of free is awesome.  But seriously, at what cost?  Is it on my way?  Maybe if it was, I'd stop, but the only reason that I would go out that far is to go to McDonalds across the street, and if I'm interested in McDonalds, then why would I stop and get a razor?  I'd be too busy drooling over french fries-unless I dignify myself with the whole "If you save that money at CVS, you can buy a whole meal!  Whatever...Subway is cheaper, and closer to the house.  (see how my mind has this arguement already won?)

This is why I use sweetbay.  (I know, shameless plug-I don't even get paid to say this HEY SWEETBAY YOU SEE THIS?  I DON'T GET PAID, BUT I'M PLUGGING YOU )

They take competitor coupons, I can print out a shopping list-WITH the price of everything, and how much I'm expected to pay for the whole list.  It's nice knowing how much I'm paying before I get there-really.

So, I'm not not knocking all those "extreme" or even "overly" couponing people-a few of my really close friends are couponers...it's just not my thing.  COUPON ON PEOPLE....but I'll stick to what it is I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment