Friday, July 1, 2011

Yes, AN OTHER blog entry today!!!

I had more to say, but I didn't wanna put it all under one entry.  I didn't wanna have this huge entry that ran from my bad day at work to canning.
 :-D
jars o goodies
Zsusanna and I canned some veggies on Tuesday.  We packed carrots, jalopeno's, zucchini, onions, and cucumbers into most of the jars.  I did make one jar with just cucumbers and banana peppers. (as I mentioned early about the 6 year old and her mild pepper "thing")
vinegar "pickling" mix
It was a learning experience. It's been a while since I've canned something. Years since I've done jelly (remember the wedding day thing) and probably at least 1.5 decades since I've canned anything-and NEVER on my own.  
water bath

We opened one of the cans at dinner tonight.  Zsusanna loves it, but there are others who seem to think it is just a little to vinegary.  At the end of putting together the jars, we ran out of vinegar mix, so we had to make our own.  So, I told the family that this maybe one of those jars.  I don't know...it tastes pretty good to me too. :-D




Best part of canning...look what I found in the pantry!


No comments:

Post a Comment