Sunday, July 3, 2011

I feel like, I feel like, well, I feel like CRAP

We went swimming yesterday. Here's where we go.  Not exactly the lush clear water white sandy beaches of Florida you think about, but it was the 2 weeks of rain pooling on the beach, stiring up grasscuttings, loose seaweed, and who knows what else on the shore line.  Then, there was the mixed up water.  My kids told me that I looked like a simpson because my body appeared to be yellow underneath the water.  It was kinda gross, but as long as we didn't put our feet on the bottom, and didn't swallow the salt water, we were ok.  Well, I thought we were ok.

Today I'm sick as a dog!  We spent about 2 hours in the water.  Bill sat on the shore and watched us.  Bill is NOT a beach person.  Let me repeat that just so you get it right, and there is no doubt in your mind.  MY HUSBAND IS NOT  A BEACH PERSON.  He loathes the beach.  The sand, the salt, the sweat; yuck.  We have a pool in the back yard ready to be filled up (as soon as the rain stops for longer than a couple hours).  I told him if we fill up the pool, he doesn't have to drive us down to the beach, we can just cool off in the back yard.  We had the pool up for a couple months last year.  Lady down the street gave it to us.  She has been very generous with us; she's the one who gave us the couch, an entertainment center, a kitchen table, and then this pool.  I like having the pool in the backyard.  Makes it easier to get out there and exercise in the pool. 

Yes, she is shop vac'n the pool
Anyway....today I agreed to sub for my friend at Church.  My older 2 children had to help me.  There was NO WAY I would've been able to do it with out them.   We learned about missionaries, the kids even made some thank you cards for the missionaries serving from our ward.  Was a pretty good day for the kids. 

Me on the other hand.  It was not a fun day.

So, maybe tomorrow we'll get that pool filled up, and I can get some more sun posioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment