Friday, May 13, 2011

What happened?????

I tried to get on yesterday afternoon and blog about what I was doing, but about half way through my reveal, I noticed that my "save now" button was stuck on "saving" So, I opened up a new tab and tried to access my other blog, only to met with "NO WAY LADY". Ok, ok, so it didn't say that. Just the polite, we're sorry for the inconvienience, come back later, something about maitenence or Amber talks to much...you know normal stuff. Anyway....I'm back today to discuss adventures of my day off!
As I was thinking of things we needed for this impending family vacation, I thought about a first aid kit. With 4 kids going half way across the country, I think it's a pretty good idea. So, I got to thinking about his caboodles box my girls got years and years ago. We've used it for hair ties, girly "needs" holder, we've put the curling iron in there, and the hair dryer too. As of late, my husband has been putting the "extra's" or "leftovers" from work in there. Gloves that didn't make it on my hands, creams and ointments that didn't make it...well, to their appointed destination, alcohol pads that were given in too many number, and forgotten; stuff like that. So, I thought long and hard about it (ok, like 5, 10 minutes tops) and thought it would be a great first aid kit. It's large, and it's portable. It can be our main first aid kit if something happens here at the house, and if we go on a long trip, we can simply pick it up and take it with us.

Upon opening the box I was met with a huge variety of pocket stuff. Things that over the past few months had, as said previously, migrated home with me; and other things we've inherited. Seeing this I realized I needed to bust out the individual plastic bags that make the clicky noise when you close them. (Is that politically correct? LOL) I put all the gloves in one bag, and all the packs of various ointments in an other. I also had some alcohol pads that I put in a sandwich baggie. No reason to leave it all willy nilly inside right? I can see one of the kids running with the box, and just as they reach whoever needs it, they trip, and fall, and all the alcohol pads come spilling out all over. I can also see one of them flying through the air, and the corner of one of these tiny packs landing in the injured persons eye, and them becoming even more injured. Naturally, this would then require said injured person to roll around on the ground looking stupid, screaming the tripping child's name and how stupid/dumb/idiotic they are. So, at least if they are all in a bag, there will be no eye gouging.

So, I did it. I put together what we had, and it looks pretty good. My next step is to get to the store and see what kind of cheapy bandaids I can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment