Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grocery Day!


Well, yesterday was grocery day. Not that I needed a lot of stuff, but I still had to get a few things.
I only bought one thing with a coupon. A thermal wrap. Everything else was just basic supplies. We have a bunch of meat, and so I just had to make a menu with what we had. It's summer time (we live in Florida, it's been summer for about a month now, anything over 85 and it's summer) so it was time to clear out the "wintery" items in my cabinets. (or is it cupboards....hmmm-anywho)

This week we are having pork chops, sloppy joes, bbq pork, chicken and rice, whole baked chickens, spaghetti, and then tonight we had french toast. We had all the meat for every dinner, and most of the side dishes, so really all I needed was to buy fill in stuff. I use Sweetbaysupermarket.com to make my grocery list. I can make a grocery list of everything I want to buy, and it will tell me how much I should expect to spend at the store. Also, Sweetbay takes competitor coupons-bonus!


So, back to the actually SHOPPING part. Like I said, I didn't buy much, just mostly "staples". Bread, milk, Dr. Pepper (ha ha) and then spaghetti sauce, and garlic bread. Once in a while I like to clear out my supply of food and start over fresh. Since it's summer time, (as I said before) it's time for some summery food after this week. We'll be moving into salad night, sandwich night, probably a few breakfast nights peppered through the season. Then of course, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes (when they rippen), green beans and bacon.....yummmmmm. But enough of that, I don't want to make myself hungry again, we just got done eating!





I took new pictures of my garden. Got a picture of my 6 year old to show just how tall the tomatoes are getting. You'll have to excuse the stray cat who thinks he owns us, and the 10 year old who had "better things to do"

The picture with the girls is of my big boys, and of course my hand (with the terrible angle of my arm) is of my roma's. I'm very happy that my garden has done so well, in such a short amount of time. I'm excited! Here is a picture of the whole garden, and of course the wonderful clothes line my husband made for me two weeks ago. We use it every day. With a family of 7, we use it a couple times a day, and it saves us a lot of money not running the dryer. I want the kind that fold up like an umbrella, but I'm not willing to pay as much money as the stores are selling them for, so I'll probably hit up the flea market the next weekend I'm off. They have yard sale weekends, and I'll just have to go have a look see.

No comments:

Post a Comment