Monday, May 2, 2011

I know, I know...time passes

Last week was girls camp. I won't go into it, but it was almost a bust...however that is an other story.

So, we are going to Texas next month. Texas with 4 children, and 2 adults. How do we do this on a budget? First of all, I'd like to give kudo's to my brother who works for choice hotels. :-D Truely without him, this trip wouldn't be possible for my whole family. So, now it's time to figure out what we are going to do (for free) and what we are going to eat (from the grocery store, or with what will cook in a crock pot...although I should probably see if I can use a crock pot)

I've been doing some research. We'll probably go to the Alamo. We'll be over there, and all we'll need is gas money to get there. Much cheaper than paying entrance fees for 6 people. As it stands right now, that's about all we're going to be doing. LOL!!! I know there will be other things, but I have not been able to dedicate much time to planning. This week is finals for me, and I've been trying to do that. Although, it's REALLY hard for me to concentrate when I have a family vacation to plan out.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be following along and reading about how you did it! We are going back home for a two week trip early June. Should be quite an adventure with a Celiac Child (can't eat out, careful with Cross Contamination in others kitchens)!!!! We are bringing our camping gear, where we can't crash out for free, we will camp it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny reading through old blog posts. Remembering what happened, and why we didn't go, and how devastated I was.
    I remember my grandma (who we were going to see) got into a car accident and was moving around from hospital-to hospital-to rehab centers and we didn't know where she would be.
    It broke my heart to tell my brother we wouldn't be able to go to Texas and visit. It also turns out that our van was in bad shape. Had we actually gone, we probably wouldn't have been able to make it out of Florida and probably would've been stranded upstate.

    ReplyDelete