Saturday, January 18, 2014

"Who wants to go shopping with me?"

Fateful last words of a semi-sane Amber this morning. Truthfully the girls who went with me really were quite awesome.  However they decided to wait until we got home to drive me crazy. 
Actually...it was after our last stop.  We were discussing dinner (our new thing is cooking hotdogs over a fire) when my 15 year old said "did you get the hot dogs?"
"CRAP!"
i hear snickering from the back of the van
"Shelby you didn't tell me I forgot hot dogs."
(Frantically she replies) "I didn't mark it off. You didnt tell me you forgot it. I didnt know"
"It's ok.  We'll figure it out"
(Once again from another kid all snarky and smart-like) "what are we supposed to cook over fire then?"
(Me) "I guess I'm making soup"

So we get home. Everyone pulls groceries in, and kids start pulling butter out of the box, asking to eat random things I bought at the store, and "forgetting" where things go and getting mad when I say "thats not where that goes"  I also love it when 2 hours later I find a bag of groceries NOT put away.  At least today its not perishable.
And every time I say "never again, what was i thinking?" Yet I always sau "Who wants to go to the store with me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment