Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sometimes, it's the little things

While I was combing one of my residents hair today, he said to me "That feels so good".  It was then that I realized that it's the little things in life that make it good.  Yes, we have BIG things that are awesome, but most of the time, it's the little things.  Things that make us smile because we know someone was thinking enough of us to do something little for us.
Like when someone brings me a bottle of pop I didn't ask for(that's soda for all you non-yankee's).  Or when my child makes my lunch for me.  It's these kind of things that put a smile on my face and make the day just a little bit brighter.

So, here are just a few little things that I love about my family.

Making my lunch while I was attending school.
Sending me random stupid texts.
Voicemails full of song.
Random post-it notes with little sayings (The current one says 'poop' LOL) .
Setting out my scrubs when I forget to .
Freshening our bed sheets.
Resetting my phone's background picture (although sometimes it's annoying, most of the time I find it awesome).
Tweeting to me (My older 2 girls sometimes get a little carried away with this)
Incorporating my likes into their school work.
Random run by huggings.

There is so much more I want to add, but I think you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment