Monday, January 13, 2014

Parenting sucks

Forget just parenting, it should be life.  Life really sucks.  Or maybe just being an adult?  No, being a responsible adult sucks.  Seriously...it really sucks.

We are having a small problem with one of our girls.  I met with the vice principal on Friday, we talked about moving her school schedule around (we have decided to co-enroll her in virtual school). When I got home and started talking to my husband, he reminded me that I had forgotten that she has lunch with the "friends" that we are trying to keep her away from.  So I'm trying to type out an e-mail to the vice principal (she said to e-mail her, or I would've gone into the school again). Problem is, I can't find the words to say.  I know what I want to say, but for some reason every thing I put down on paper sounds like I'm a blubbering idiot who has no idea what I'm talking about. 

Either I have to have my daughter give up a class I think she'll benefit from, or the school will have to give up a class they think she'll benefit from (not that I think she won't...just not my 1st choice to keep her in).  OR the other possibility is that my husband will have to drop her off and go get her twice in one day.  I don't really seeing that as a viable option.  Seriously, that's a little bit stupid. 

Why does life have to be so rough and difficult?  I mean, can't I just snap my fingers and it all be poof?  Can't I click my heels together and make it work?
I know that I could sit back and just be all "Whatever man, she's a kid, let her be a kid" and I know that is what some people do and think, however I can't just sit back and let my kid do things that will negatively impact the rest of her life.  If it was a short term fall, that would be different, I'm all about real world consequences, but this is something that could potentially follow her for the rest of her life.  I'm not going to sit back and just let her go. 

So, I will go, and try to sound as coherent as possible, because I want what's best for my daughter. 

uhgggg  /facepalm

No comments:

Post a Comment