Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wow, it cost HOW much?

So, it's time to buckle down and actually do what I was setting out to do MONTHS ago. 
trim down the bills
so, here I am...looking through pages upon pages of how to cut this, and trim that, and this can be moved here, and that can be watched there.  It's exhausting!  It really is!

I had to actually TALK to someone at Brighthouse to find out prices.  Actually, I should be more specific and say that I had to "chat" with someone at Brighthouse.  I would NEVER call them for anything.  We've had them before, and the service we got from them, well, the call center really wasn't ever a problem, but we have moved on to Verizon.  We like them.  They talk to us, they actually SHOW UP when we call them.  They fix it the first time (insert shocking look here)  (and no people I am not paid by anyone to tell you this, so keep your pants on).  So, I was looking at prices, and yeah, we're gonna stay with Verizon. 

I hate to put that out there so bluntly, using names and all, but I guess I could disquise it, but eh-I'm a consumer, I am entitled to my opinion, and there it is people....there it is. 

Bill and I discussed buying a little beater car so I can drive to work.  Right now I'm driving the van, and well, at $75 a fill-up, that's pretty spendy.  He has the truck, but the truck is BARELY driven.  Like, I think if he filled up the truck (ha ha ha ha, he would never but I think he should) it would probably last him AT LEAST 6 weeks.  School is back in session, and he takes 1 girl to school, and 1 home from school.  So, maybe something like, a geo metro death trap, that gets 500 miles to the gallon (or squirl as Bill says LOL); just something I can drive back and forth to work.  Then we can use the minivan for going to Church, and to the Zoo. (If we ever go again)

Speaking of school.  HOLY CRAP THIS IS EXPENSIVE!!!!  I save everything.  My husband, and parents can attest to this.  If it were not for some VERY carefully interjected "cleaning" I would probably keep every thing.  (it's a sickness people...it's an evil evil sickness)  Anyway, because we have 4 kids in school I save everything that may be used again.  Binders, dividers, crayons, colored pencils, rulers, calculators, scissors. Do you know how many pairs of scissors I have?  HOLY PIZZA ROLLS!  (figured you guys were getting sick of holy crap. lol) Anywho; today I finally yelled at the kids for not getting me the list I wanted, by the second day of school (yesterday).  I got a kid telling me "my teacher wants me to have my stuff by tomorrow".  Well, maybe you should've given me your list.  I'm pretty sure, we have most of the stuff they need, but I don't really wanna hear "I don't want that binder, I want a new binder."  Eh, new is over rated.

So, it's back to school time, it's cut the budget down time, and it's figure out what Santa's gonna bring the kids time. 

I'm starting to lose track of why I came here.  So many interuptions.  Kid stuff, dinner stuff (who knew we had to feed these children?), I'm also getting a cold.  :-(  A lovely sinus thing that Shelby decided to share with me.

So, I'm off to peel, cut, and chop my way to dinner.  It's salad night.  Veggies for everyone!  Oh yea, and loads of fruit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment