Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Sad Day

This is a happy sad day for our family.  Today my second oldest turned 13.  I now officially have 2 teenagers in the house.  YIKES! 

This morning, my grandpa's wife passed away.  She suffered from Alzeimers for quite a while.  Grandpa took care of her.  During the end of her life, her daughter helped, and for the past week my mom has been taking care of her so grandpa could get some rest.  My Aunt Cindy went over there for a bit one day too.  (I say a bit, but it was an all day thing)

It's really hard being in Florida while all of this is going on in Michigan.  I hate being away from my family, but here I am, and I guess we're here to stay for a while.

So, happy sad day in the Pattee home today.  Bitter-sweet.

Rest in Peace Clara.

No comments:

Post a Comment