Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nursing School

So, it's only one of the most important decisions I have to make for me and my family.  I'm currently an "applicant" at the local Community College.  Problem is, they are suppose to give you an answer in 6-8 weeks, and that was oh, 9 weeks ago.  I'm so....confused.  I wanted to explore other options.  There are 2 other girls at work who have decided they wanted to go to nursing school also.  However, we are all not on the same page.  I'm an applicant for the nursing program, an other girl is taking pre-req's for her pre-req's, and the other one (I just found out about today) says she doesn't like school, but she's over the CNA stuff, and ready to move up. 

I'm so confused.  I feel like giving up sometimes, but then I realize that I have 1-2 other people who want to do this with me.  If I get into the community college, do I accept?  Do I wait?  Do I go to a different school?  My plans all along were to go to the comminuty college, but recently I've learned about other nursing schools.  I never really even thought about them, but they have recently come into my view. 

Most schools I look at you have to do their LPN program to get to their RN program.  I've only found 2 schools that offer straight to RN, and that's the Community College, and Everest University.  However, the latter of the two schools is over $56k!   EEK!

So, then we have Galen, Fortis, and the local Technical school.  The local technical school is the cheapest.  They start in January, and is around $5k.  The others are $27k and $20K.

I just want to cry when I think about it all.  I mean really sit down and ball my eyes out because it's such a hard decision to make.  What am I suppose to do?  Really?  Seriously?  I have a family to support, I have wants and dreams to achieve.  So, I have to work full time while I go to school full time.  There seems to be NO SUCH THING as a part time LPN course.  Sure, they have part time RN classes, but no part time LPN courses. 

Also, the added "no pressure" of 2 other people wanting to go with me.  At the same time.  Not in a different class.  What if I get in, and they don't?  What if they get in and I don't?  What then?  Do we say, nah, don't worry about it, I'll get the next class?  Or do I sit and feel stupid/terrible for either a.) moving on or b.)being left behind.  Yeah, no pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment