Friday, October 10, 2014

Please don't fall over dead...

I know!  How many posts can Amber post in two days?  I don't know either, but seriously, what is going on!

I've spent more time on the computer today than I have in a long time.  I went through some pictures, deleted the QUADRUPLE copies of some things, and made some room on my "cloud" storage so that ultimately we can get my computer reformatted.  I know, I know, man of my dreams thinks it's a pipe dream too, but seriously, I'm trying.  I have a LOT of pictures, and by a lot of pictures I mean HOLY CRAP WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALL YOUR DISK SPACE IS USED UP! lots of pictures.  I want to put them on a seperate independent disk drive, that way I can keep the space open for important things, like...WOW, and maybe Guild Wars (Have a friend who says I totally need to try it), and maybe even Diablo III (which Hubby keeps trying to get me to play with him).  You know, IMPORTANT things.

Ok, so back to sitting here all day.  I got sucked into watching a 50 minute documentary after clicking on a link, and then clicking on an other link, and then another. It was a really good one too, so good that I was like "Crap, it's over?"

So, why am I blogging? Why would I take it to the interwebz?  Because, it just seemed appropriate.  Waste time on the interweb, post about on the interwebz.

So, back to what I was thinking about while going through pictures.  I take SOOO many pictures. I know I do, Hubby lovingly calls me a picture whore.  (it IS lovingly right? RIGHT?)  Looking through pictures from almost 10 years ago I realize how bad it is.  I'll take a few pictures of the same thing and the only thing that's different is that the wind has changed direction, and now that one leaf way up in the corner has moved. ever. so. slightly.  But then I see how the kids use to be, all sweet and innocent.
I know, it's a Christmas picture, it's October....get over it.
And stuff like this one.  The Christmas picture was taken while I was pregnant with our youngest daughter, and this is a picture of our 3rd daughter and my 9 month pregnant belly.

Looking back through pictures can be a bit humbling for me too, looking at where I had been, compared to where we are.  Looking at things in the background that at the time were just part of normalcy, now tell the story of my 20's.  (I could probably write a book about my 20's.  It's got some Jerry Springer moments that's for sure.)  Like the time my oldest daughter and her friend dressed up like "The girl from Joe Dirt".  (no, you will NOT see that picture no matter how funny it was/is/use to be)  Or, when they (My oldest and her friend) decided to get into the friends grandfathers adult diapers and put them on (over their clothes mind you).  It's great fun most of the time, but sometimes, the memories bring back a lot of head shaking and WTHeck was I thinking moments.
All moments that bring me to where I am today.  Where I have 4 beautiful girls, and the man of my dreams.
It's an old picture, and I'm thinking it's time to get a new picture of all 4 of the girls.  I can't even find the yearly Christmas picture I take!  What is happening here!  Hubby is going to take away my status!
Off to take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment