Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 2 of the adventures with Missy

That sounds so, adventurous.
Missy is home from Oklahoma, not where the wind goes sweeping down the plains, or whipping through the wheat, or anything like that. Home from Oklahoma where everyone dresses like they are going to "the Wal-marts".
I've never been there, so all I have to go on is the input of a judgemental 18 year old.  That is how she explained it to me, so that is where she is visiting from.

We really haven't done much of anything today, sat around, watching Ice Lake Rebels.  Talking about how every man should love his woman like Stephan loves Allyce.  Seriously. I've seen this meme:

I thought how awesome is that.  Now, not so much.  I don't want Gomez and Morticia any more, I want freakin' Stephan and Allyce!

So, moving on...Took Stephanie to Noah's so he could take her to seminary, took the younger 2 to school so they could, well, go learn something.  I started dinner (Missy's favorite-bean soup), and made breakfast (homemade hashbrowns).

We've watched TV, listened to music on YouTube, danced with the dog, and had a wonderful grand old time.

Then, Bill got up and the two of them began their "OMGosh, remember this song?" and "OMGosh, do you know this song?" so I moved on to things that I needed to do.  You know, because real life sucks and you actually have to do things to keep moving forward.
First of all, I loaded up my WOW launcher because, well, today is patch day-duh! (Ok, truth-hubby reminded me it was patch day and he wanted to know if the servers were up yet.)
Secondly, I started looking up schools to continue my education to get my BSN.  Why do some schools make it so difficult to find anything on their websites?  One college I looked at had their advising hours so buried that by the time I found it, I was pretty much ready to not to go school there; even though they have exactly what I'm looking for in my nursing career.  In order to advance my career I need a BSN, and in order to get that I need to go back to school.  It kinda ticks me off that schools know this, and some make it almost impossible to get there.  When I finally make a decision, and decide what school I want to go to, I wonder if I'm actually going to be able to GET into a school.
Ultimately I would love to get my DNP, but I have to start off small, little by little chewing away at the degrees one at a time.  Unless I win the school/university lottery and get into the RN-MSN program at USF.  DUDE! I would absolutely love to get into that program.  It's competitive, and I'm not sure I have the grades required.  However, I won't know unless I try right?

So, yesterday I went with Missy to get all her college stuff straightened out.  Tomorrow?  She's going with me to an information session!!

No comments:

Post a Comment