Thursday, September 7, 2017

The waiting game....

So much is hanging in the balance right now.
SO. MUCH.
Stephanie is suppose to leave Monday afternoon to go to Utah.
I may have to be at work all weekend. (like....at work, not leaving.)
We may have to evacuate.
We may  not have to evacuate.

All because of Irma.
Beautiful hurricane Irma.  Lets not deny her of her beauty.  Her eye wall is so well defined, and the way her cloud cover is holding up against the mountains of Haiti and Dominican Republic is amazing, and awe inspiring.

However, her destructive behavior is like a woman scorned on a drunken meth induced bender.

So, we wait.
And things get cancelled.
School, college, temple trips, Stephanie's open house, maybe Stephanie's flight.
And things get planned.
Evacuation stuffs: food, water, toiletries, bedding, clothes, the animals, shelter.
All this stuff I get to worry about while I'm at work. This will be our first evacuation without me. I trust that my husband will have everything under control-and we've already threatened my children's lives to be on their best behavior and comply (Like good little Borg drones.)

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement.
To say I'm worried wouldn't be a complete lie.

I have to work tonight, so I need to sleep, but the mom inside me is screaming to get the food rations in order.
No, I take that back.
I feel like I should be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off screaming and yelling, forcing the children awake as they watch me divvy up their food rations.  I don't want them to have any say in what they get, I just want them to watch so they know it's done.  I also just want them to be awake and spend time with me, so I can make sure that here in this moment, they know that I know they are ok-even if it's just for this moment.

The not knowing is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment