Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Call

It happened at 5pm last night. At 1647 to be exact.
It went a little like this..."hey Amber, it's ______, I have to call you back until 11.( that just means you come in late and go somewhere else, or you get cancelled at 11.) "
OK, did you hear anything about being activated?
"Yeah, you'll report tomorrow with all your stuff and be prepared to be here until Monday night."
Ok. (I had an audible pause.) Alright, I'll call at 9:30.

What just happened.
That was it, that was the call.
I am going to spend the next few nights at the hospital, because of this.
 

This gigantic wind maker.

I'm leaving my family-who Par'mach'kai and I have made sure will be safe.  I CAn't imagine his stress level, as he's evacuating with the kids alone...and his mother. Not to mention our 3 dogs, our cat, her cat, and Missy's guinea pig.

We're ready.
We are ready.
We will do this.

My bag is packed.

I brought food to work in advance to put in my locker.

I bought stuff for my family to have in advance.

We have a plan, the kids have assignments, we got this!

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, and I'm pretty sure hubby is too.

So, while my family is at "other Bills" I'll be here:

Stay safe Florida.
(I know this one is hard, but...) Be smart Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment