Thursday, March 6, 2014

Twas the Night Before NCLEX

Twas the night before NCLEX when all through the house tensions were stirring as my anxiety aroused.  Chores to be done before going to bed, trying avoid the houses sense of dread.

The children completing their chores all at one time, while I try to contain the anxiety that's all mine. With D.T. on the tablet and Me on the phone, the kids seemed to have no supervision at all.  When out from the living room arose such a noise I ran from the room thinking "Are you sure they're not boys?" Away to the door I flew like a flash, I opened the door just to hear something crash.

The light of the living room so dull and low, gave a glow to all in it like ghosts of old. And what do my wandering eyes see? 2 little children smiling at me.   I knew in a moment I wouldn't be surprised to hear my sweet children say "dunno".

Rapid I barked out orders from my throat. Quickly I yelled and blurted kinda like a goat.  Now Pony go shower cause you really stink.  Brina stop reading that stupid thing.  Irene what are you doing? It's not time for bed. Missy what is that crap on your head? 

As quick as I barked the children went silent.  Now I thought I can read about psych...it's not really studying you see, but how to answer questions that always fooled me.

A question that has 4 answers that are all right. But only one that is the MOST right.  Is it airway or breathing, WAIT isn't that the same? Nope it's not, at least not in thd nursing game.

The stem of this problem is hidden so well, do I take the patients temp, or cut off his ear?  Oh how do I know which answer to pick?  I'm not a doctor, maybe that will be the trick?  How do I know which right answer to pick?  OMGosh the needle is how thick?

With the book in my hand and words swirling in my head, I knew at this moment I'd almost rather be dead.  So I sit and I listen and think to myself; "where are my children? Its awful quiet in here."

I found them all in there rooms being good.  Looks like threatening them worked really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment