Saturday, April 23, 2011

In the begining...there was 9 hours of water.

I had been thinking about starting a blog about how we save money and our adventures in "cheap" land. But I had himmed and hawwed and put it off; until this morning. I woke up this morning, got dressed and let my husband know that I was going to be in the garden weeding. He sat straight up in bed and said "Oh My God, I forgot to turn the water off last night". I thought this was his way of joking with me, because I forgot to turn the water off the day before when I went to work. I was wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. He had pulled an Amber and forgot to turn the water off the previous night. So, my garden got a REALLY nice soaking-for about 9 hours. The up-side to this? My roma's grew about 4 inches. The down-side? Our water bill is going to suck!

I didn't weed the garden. I can handle getting dirty, but I don't like being muddy. So, I waited until it dried out a little bit, (and until the girls woke up) and took the older girls out to weed the garden. While I was out there, my lovely husband re-dug a hole for my clothes line,
I moved the bean trellis back to the beans, and we pulled the couches out of our shed to put on either freecycle or craigslist. They are good for someone who doesn't have a couch, or maybe someone who has a crappy couch. It's not the best, but they look nice, and there is really only once spot where if you sit on it, there isn't much support because of the pull-out bed. It was given to us when we moved in here, because we didn't have ANY furniture. The lady down the street gave us a lot when we moved in.

So, this is how it all begins. With 9 hours of continuous watering. My tomatoes loved it:-), our wallets won't.:-( There is always a bright light at the end of the darkness; we just need to keep looking for the pinhole.

1 comment:

  1. Love looking at others gardens. Thanks for sharing. Your tomato plants are much bigger than ours. Maybe I'll post a pic of ours next week.

    ReplyDelete