Sunday, December 16, 2012

Going semi-unprocessed

As our house moves away from canned food I take on more and more cooking (for lack of a better word) experiments. Some fail. Some need tweeking. Some are awesome. We all just grin and bear it voicing our opinions when asked and swallowing through grimacing faces when appropriate. My next adventure in cooking is beans. I already make a pretty mean bean soup, but I'm moving up to chili beans. I've looked it up. Read SEVERAL different ways to do it and several different ways NOT to do it. (I know your cringing honey)  I think I'm ready. So tonight while I make dinner I'll be getting beans ready for dinner tomorrow. I'm going to make extra because I can set some aside and make refried beans. I hear it freezes very well.

When my mom visits in two months (I CANT WAIT!!!) I'm going to ask her to help me make tomato sauce. I can go to the new veggie stand hubby and I found and buy some tomatoes and make sauce. I just need my mom to help me "perfect" it. The sauce I made last night didn't cook long enough. I needed a little bit more sauce too. But there is a learning curve and hopefully I'm doing OK with it. My family is the judge.  Or I guess the proper way to say that is my family are the judges. 
My family is awesome. I love them all so much and tell my daughters EVERY DAY how much I love them.  My husband is my hero. He has saved me from a lot; he drives me nuts sometimes and I know I drive him crazy, but I don't know where I would be without him. (Probably a crazed lunatic walking the streets of Adrian talking to myself.)  This is why I cook our meals closer and closer to scratch every day. It shows them I care about them and their health.  After the terrible news we hear almost every day and the experiences my girls go through I can't control (public high school) they need to know how much I care and love them.  (Sorry about the side rant people but it is after all my blog LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment